Thank you for visiting our ministry page.
Please check back often as we add more information.
Our ministry contact people, listed on previous page, will be glad to hear from you!
- Christian Mothers - The Christian Mothers, of St. Cecilia Church, is the oldest organization in our church - 97 years old! The Christian Mothers are part of a nationwide organization of women devoted in growing in the life of Christ. They are models of the Christian life of prayer, service and hospitality. Although we only meet once a month, we are active throughout the year, in all kinds of various services to our Church and our community. We sponsor our May Crowning, provide flowers for Mothers' Day and Fathers' Day, send cards to the sick of our group as well as establishing a Prayer Chain for the sick. We sponsor a "Lenten Day of Recollection" for the Catholic women of Beaver County. We provide Mercy Meals for the families of the deceased of our parish and provide an honor guard and Mass for a Christian Mother upon her death. We have been able to provide things needed for the Church and Hall – altar clothes, changing tables, angel for the nativity, purificators, tables for the social hall and tools needed for upkeep. The Christian Mothers of St. Cecilia is open to any woman, 18 and older, who takes care of, cares about or teaches children to be Christians and better people.
- Community Table – As a member church of the Rochester Ministerium, we join with other community churches and serve a meal to those in need on the 2nd Thursday of the month and the 3rd Tuesday of the month at Grace Lutheran Church.
- Our High School Youth Group is called EX.C.E.L, which stands for Exalting Christ in Everyday Life. We serve students from both St. Cecilia and St. Felix. Any students in grades 9-12 are welcome to join us for our regular gatherings twice a month. 7-9pm in the St. Cecilia Religious Education Building. Special events will be announced in church, posted in the bulletin, or here on the website.
- Hospital and Nursing Home Visitors – In addition to the regular visits made by our Eucharistic Ministers, parishioners make visits to the Medical Center and assist with our monthly mass at Rochester Manor. Please contact the parish office or Sr. Anne to get more details.
- McGuire Memorial Home – Members of our parish community assist the residents of McGuire Memorial Home in New Brighton and in group homes scattered throughout our community.
- Music Ministry – The Music Ministry of our parish adds prayerful support and beauty to our parish liturgies. We are always seeking cantors to assist the assembly in their musical participation in the mass. Our Adult Choir sings on Sunday morning and practices each Wednesday at 7:30pm at St. Cecilia’s. The Resurrection Choir leads the singing at funeral masses and other sacramental celebrations throughout the year. The Children’s Choir, made up of students from our CCD program, sings on designated Sundays throughout the year. If you play an instrument, we have a place for you in the music ministry of St. Cecilia’s.
- Pastoral Visits – Arrangements for home visitation and reception of the sacraments of the Eucharist, Reconciliation and Anointing of the Sick may be made by contacting the Parish Office. The Eucharist is brought to the sick in their home on a regular basis. If you are no longer able to come to church and would like to receive the Eucharist at home, contact the parish office.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry - St. Cecilia’s Prayer Shawl Ministry has been meeting twice a month since April of 2013.We are a close “knit” group who enjoy each other’s company and providing prayers and comfort for anyone suffering or in need. Each shawl is unique just like those who receive them. We welcome new members, so if you knit or crochet please join us for a little fellowship and a worthy cause. Oh! By the way, we have donated over 200 shawls. Pretty impressive for our first three years! Contact Charlotte Ciccozzi at (724) 544-0855 or the Religious Education office at (724) 775-276 if you have any questions or know someone who could use a Prayer Shawl.
- Scripture Study – Sessions are held on Sunday mornings at 10:30 AM and on Thursday evenings at 7 PM. For information, contact Sr. Anne in the parish office.
- Sunday Scripture Study - We have a great group of inspiring people with a desire to learn more about scripture and become closer to God. Bible study meets on Sundays from 10:30-11:45 in the office basement, from September through May, and corresponds with the CCD calendar. The study involves following along in a work book, reading scripture from the Bible, answering questions, group discussion and listening to a CD commentary. Each year a new study is selected by the group. Past studies have included Acts of the Apostles, Genesis, Exodus, John, Revelations, Job, Isaiah, James, and A Quick Journey Through the Bible covering the historical books.